Well… one day winter will come to Jacksonville and you should have your home prepared for the cooler temperatures.
When the days do get cooler, it can cause a variety of pest issues for home owners. The colder it gets outside, the more these pests want to come inside for protection from the cold. This can include an increase in roaches, spiders and rodents in your home.
Taking steps to pest proof your home can seem like something that is easy to put off until later, but getting it done now will cause less issues down the road when it does start getting colder.
What steps can you start taking to make your home pest proof?
- Seal any cracks or crevices outside of the home with steel wool and caulk. Specifically look where drainage pipes enter the home.
- Replace any damaged window or door screens, and install door sweeps on the bottom of all exterior doors.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Eliminate all moisture sites in your home – such as leaking pipes or clogged drains.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet from your house.
- Before you pull out the Christmas decorations from the garage or shed, make sure to inspect the boxes before bringing them inside.
If you do have any issues come up, feel free to contact us to help you keep your home pest and rodent free. Zenpura Pest Solutions: 904.257.0090