There is nothing quite worse than enjoying an evening outside only to be ruined by the high pitched buzzing of a mosquito in your ear or even better, the next morning to find your legs covered in red bites. Welcome to the south.
One way to prevent mosquitoes from infiltrating your backyard is to be aware of their top breeding places and get rid of them.
- Any standing water source – if you’re not using it, empty it. That goes for buckets, pools, cups, fountains, anything that can cause water to stand and not move.
- An open trash can or recycling bin that has collected water. Empty it, close it and check it frequently to make sure water can’t get in.
- Unused pools or hot tubs. If the water isn’t fresh and circulating properly, mosquitos will breed.
- Potted plants collection plates. Make sure to dump those out regularly.
- Tall grass, weeds, or shrubs. Grown mosquitoes like to rest in these areas.
- Clogged or slow moving gutters.
- Clutter in your yard like old tires, toys, containers, etc can also be breeding grounds.
For the month of September 2018, we are offering a free mosquito treatment for any new customer who signs up for a 12 month service agreement for our Home Essentials program. Contact us today to learn more!