With cooler temperatures on the horizon for Jacksonville – it’s time to begin preparations for fall and winter pests. Here are a few tips be proactive in keeping your restaurant rodent and pest free this fall.
- When temperatures being to dip down, rodents will want to come inside even more. Make sure to check entry points into your restaurant – such as receiving doors, front and back entrances, to-go doors, and patio doors. Make sure there are not any areas that rodents can get through.
- If you already were not, thoroughly check any shipments you receive. When checking your invoice to make sure you received everything you ordered – also check for any pests that could also be hiding out in boxes or pallets.
- While doing inventory, double check all of your dry goods – make sure containers and bags are sealed, and no food is sitting on the ground.
- Do a complete and thorough inspection of all drain areas and moisture ridden spots in your kitchen, prep areas and janitors closet.
- Keep dumpster and trash can areas maintained and emptied regularly. Not only an eye sore for guests, but a breeding ground for rodents and pests.
Pest control should always be a top priority for your restaurant or food service establishment. Give us a call if you have any concerns or if we can help in any way – 904.257.0090.